Navidrome allows you to enjoy your music collection from anywhere, by making it available through a modern Web UI and through a wide range of third-party compatible mobile apps, for both iOS and Android devices.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Configuration and Connection Navidrome – Streaming Media Server on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS on Amazon
- After starting the VM, you can go to the main page. To do this, go to the following address http://*vm_ip*:4533.
- A page with creating a user with administrator rights will open. Fill out the form and click <Create admin> to complete.
After purchasing and starting the VM you should know its IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Amazon.
To connect to the Server, you should generate a “Private Key” in advance. This can be done using the following instruction (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in point 3)
Guide – How To – Create and use Key Pair to connect to a VM
To work with the server, you should connect to it via PuTTY
- Download and run Putty
- Go to section SSH on the left panel, and then in Auth.
- In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Open”.
- In the opened console you will need to enter the login ubuntu.
- All music will be automatically downloaded from the /media/music folder. First you need to create a music folder, in which we will upload music. To do this, enter the following commands:
> cd /navidrome/music
> sudo mkdir %folder_name%
And a command to go to the created folder
> cd %folder_name%
- Now you can upload audio files to this folder. To download a track via a direct link, you can use the following command
> sudo wget -O %file_name% %link_to music%
> sudo wget -O Omen.mp3 ‘https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1kaj9cpLcgwcu0hPp6N2cUE8cIzoWM31t&export=download‘
- Now return to the site and update the list of songs.
- If you did everything right, then on the main page should appear your tracks that you can play directly from the browser.
- More information on setting up and working with Navidrome can be found here.