Navidrome is a self-hosted music server and streamer. It gives you the freedom to listen to your music collection from any browser or mobile device.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Configuration and Connection Navidrome – Streaming Media Server on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on Amazon
To start the server, you just need to start the VM. To customize the Server, first, you need to know the server IP address. You need to select the virtual machine from the list. Your IP is displayed in the line “Public IPv4 address”.
For the server to be usable, open TCP port 4533 in your VM’s security group.
To connect to the Server, you should generate a “Private Key” in advance. This can be done using the following instruction (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in point 3)
Guide – How To – Create and use Key Pair to connect to a VM
To work with the server, you should connect to it via PuTTY
- Download and run Putty
- Go to section SSH on the left panel, and then in Auth
- In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Open”.
- In the opened console you will need to enter the login ubuntu.
- To obtain the authorization data of the Navirome account enter the command:
$ sudo cat /root/def_pasw_navidrome
- Now you can go to the main page of Navirome. To do this, go to the following address http://*vm_ip*:4533
- The page for creating a user with administrator rights will open. Fill out the form with the data from step 6 and click <Create Admin> to complete.
- All music will be automatically downloaded from the /media/music folder. First you need to create a music folder, in which we will upload music. To do this, enter the following commands:
$ cd /navidrome/music
$ sudo mkdir %folder_name%
And a command to go to the created folder
$ cd %folder_name%
- Now you can upload audio files to this folder. To download a track via a direct link, you can use the following command
$ sudo wget -O %file_name% %link_to music%
$ sudo wget -O Omen.mp3 ‘https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1kaj9cpLcgwcu0hPp6N2cUE8cIzoWM31t&export=download‘
- Now return to the site and update the list of songs
- If you did everything right, then on the main page should appear your tracks that you can play directly from the browser.
- More information on setting up and working with Navidrome can be found here.