Jellyfin – Streaming Media Server on Windows Server 2016 enables you to collect, manage, and stream your media. Run the server on your system and gain access to the leading software entertainment system, bells and whistles included.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Configuration and Connection to Jellyfin – Streaming Media Server on Windows Server 2016
- Start your VM
It is recommended to use the Instance type “t2.medium” or higher when installing the VM. To start the server, you just need to start the VM.
To customize the Server, first, you need to know the server IP address. You need to select the virtual machine from the list. Your IP is displayed in the line “Public IPv4 address”.
For the server to be usable, open TCP port 8096 in your VM’s security group.
- Get default Administrator credentials
To connect via RDP, you must create a password for the connection first. To do this, use the following Guide.
Open the shortcut “AdminPassword_jellyfin” on your desktop to get actual administrator credentials.
- Configure the server
- After getting the credentials, you can go to the main page. To do this, go to the following address http: //*vm_ip*:8096.
- When you first open the site, the primary configuration will open. In the first stage, select the desired language and press <Next>.
- In the next step, you will be prompted to create an account. Use default credentials or specify your preferred name with a password and press <Next>.
- Then, there will be a suggestion to create a Media Library. You can skip it and return to this item later.
- The next step is to choose a metadata language. You can leave the default and go to the next step.
- Remote access settings are recommended to be left unchanged. And in the next step, press <Finish> to complete the installation.
- Now you need to log in through the account that was created in the first stage.
- Done. Now you can create your own libraries for further broadcasting and playing them on any device.
More information on setting up and working with Jellyfin can be found at the following links:
Home | Documentation