The guide how to use CentOS 8.5 Basic
To start the server, run the VM through Amazon.
- To work, you must open port 22 (TCP) in the network properties in the Amazon firewall.
- Install PuTTY. You can download PuTTY from the link – https://putty.org.ru/download.html Launch PuTTY.
- To connect to the VM, you should generate a “Private Key” in advance. This can be done using the following instruction (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in point 3)
Guide – How To – Create and use Key Pair to connect to a VM
- Go to the SSH section in the left panel and then to Auth.
- In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Open”.
- In the window that appears, click Accept.
- In the console that opens, you must enter the standard login that appears when creating a virtual machine – centos.
Or use the username you provided after creating the virtual machine.