Squid Protected Caching Proxy Server is a full-featured web proxy cache server application which provides proxy and cache services for Hyper Text Transport Protocol (HTTP), File Transfer Protocol (FTP), and other popular network protocols.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The connection to Squid Protected Сaching Proxy Server server using Windows settings
- To access the proxy server, you must specify a list of IP addresses in the Security Group. To do this, select your Instance, go to the “Security” section and click on the security group.
- Click “Edit inbound rules”.
- Click “Add rule” to add the port.
- In the field that appears, select the option “Custom TCP”.
- Select TCP In the “Protocol” field.
Specify “Port Range” 3128.
In the Source field, enter the IP address access to which will be provided to connect to the proxy server. For example, you can specify your IP address, you can find it on the site https://www.myip.com/
- To use the proxy server through the built-in Windows tools, you must open the settings.
- In Settings select “Network & Internet”.
- Go to the “Proxy” section and set the “Use a proxy server” switch to On
- In the “Address” field, enter the address of the VM, and in the “Port” field, specify 3128. Then click the “Save” button.
- To check the connection to the proxy server, open the https://www.myip.com/ website in any browser and check if your IP address has changed.