The guide how to use Mail Server Nginx on CentOS 8 Stream
- To work, you must open port 20, 21, 60000-65535 (TCP) in the network properties in the AWS firewall.
- To work with the server, you should connect to it via PuTTY (Download PuTTY)
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM
- Go to section SSH on the left panel, and then in Auth. In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- In the console that opens, you must enter the standard login that appears when creating a virtual machine – centos.
Or use the username you provided after creating the virtual machine.
- Next window is displayed
- To check that NginX is up and running and get the list of all running nginx processes, enter the command
ps -ax | grep nginx
Once nginx is started, it can be controlled by invoking the executable with the -s parameter. Use the following syntax:
nginx -s signal
Where signal may be one of the following:
- stop — fast shutdown
- quit — graceful shutdown
- reload — reloading the configuration file
- reopen — reopening the log files
More documentation about NginX here – Beginner’s Guide
Get answer your question – FAQ