FileZilla is a utility for transferring files to or from a remote computer by a standard method known as FTP. It can be installed and runs on Windows and Linux computers in the college; a Mac OS version is available.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Connection to Windows Server 2022 with FileZilla Server
To start the server, start the virtual machine through Azure
- For the VM to work, you need to open ports 3389, 20, 21, 49152-65534 (TCP), in the network properties in Azure Firefall.
To change a rule click on it, make changes, and click ‘Save’
- To connect to the virtual machine, run the “Remote Desktop Connection” shortcut “Win + R”. In the window that appears, enter “mstsc” and click “OK”.
- In the window that appears, enter the IP of the virtual machine and click “Connect”.
- In the window that appears, enter your username and password and click “OK”.
- Check the box and click “Yes”.
- After the VM startup Administer FileZilla Server run automatically
On the VM desktop, you can start (1) and stop (2) FileZilla Server. Also, Administer FileZilla Server can be run (3) if it does not start automatically.
At the first start Administer FileZilla Server, you must enter ‘Host’ – localhost, ‘Port’ – 14148, and click ‘OK’
Click ‘Yes’ to obtain and save the certificate.
- On the Administration interface click ‘Server -> Network Configuration Wizard’
- Click ‘Next’
- Check the data and click ‘Next’
- Enter your VM IP and click ‘Next’
- Check the data and click ‘Finish’ to configure the server
- Click ‘Users -> Add’ and enter the name of the new user
- Select the desired item to connect with a password
- Enter a password (1), click ‘Add’ (2), enter available resources (3), and check the “Writable” (4) to be able to change the content of the resource.
The ‘Test’ user can now connect to the selected folder.
Before the client connects, make sure the Windows Firewall rules match the VM inbound port rules.
Client FTP Software
Users can use any FTP Client to allow clients to connect. One of the best solutions is to choose FileZilla’s FTP Client.
To connect to FileZilla’s FTP Client you should enter the IP of your VM in the <Host> field (1), the username (2), and the password (3) to the corresponding fields as well. Then click ‘Quickconnect’
After starting the connection, a window with a certificate will appear, in it, you must select the <Always trust certificate> item and click <OK>
After that, you will be connected to the FTP server.