The standalone edition of the distribution will be rolling-release, receive daily updates, and become a kind of platform for developers.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Connection & Configuration of CentOS 8 Stream Minimal
- To start the server, run the VM through Azure Portal.
- To work, you must open port 80 (TCP) in the network properties in the Azure firewall.
- Install PuTTY. You can download PuTTY from the link – https://putty.org.ru/download.html Launch PuTTY.
- In the “Host Name” field, enter the IP of the virtual machine and click “Open”.
- In the window that appears, click Accept.
- Enter the username and password that was used to create the virtual machine.
(If you enter a password, it will not be displayed.)
The advantage of this OS is that it has been optimized for better performance.
If you followed all the steps correctly, then you have successfully connected