CentOS 8.2 Minimal is mainly used as a common base system on top of which other appliances could be built and tested. It contains just enough packages to run within AWS, bring up a SSH Server and allow users to login.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Connection to CentOS 8.3 Minimal
To connect to the VM, you should generate a “Private Key” in advance. This can be done using the following instruction (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in point 3)
- Download and run Putty
- Go to the “SSH” section in the left panel and then to “Auth”.
- In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Open”.
- In the opened console you will need to enter the login centos
- Now you can work with completely clean CentOS 8.3 Minimal adapted for AWS.