Active Directory appears as a directory where information about infrastructure and users is stored. Active Directory unites various network objects such as computers, servers, printers, and various services into a single system.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Connection and Configuration of Active Directory Windows Server 2022 Minimal
To start the server, launch the virtual machine through Azure
- To enable the VM to function properly, you need to open port 3389 (TCP) in the network properties in Azure Firefall.
- To connect to the virtual machine, open the “Remote Desktop Connection” shortcut using “Win + R”.
- In the window that appears, type “mstsc” and click “OK”.
- In the new window that appears, enter the IP of the virtual machine and click “Connect”.
- In the following window, enter your username and password and click “OK”.
- Check the box and click “Yes”.
- In the opened console, you will see 15 available options. Next, you need to start the Powershell command line by entering “15” and pressing “Enter”.
Active Directory module for Windows PowerShell
To check available services, enter Get-WindowsFeature -Name *web*
To install Active Directory Domain Services, type Add-WindowsFeature AD-Domain-Services and press “Enter”.
To create a new forest and domain named vdom.local, type Install-ADDSForest -DomainName vdom.local -InstallDNS and press “Enter”.
Type the Directory Services Restore Mode (DSRM) password twice and press “Enter” to save it. The DSRM password is referred to as the SafeModeAdministratorPassword in Windows PowerShell.
Type “A” and press “Enter” to configure the server as a domain controller and install DNS.
The domain controller promotion will be complete, and the server will be rebooted, finalizing the process.
To learn more – Active Directory module for Windows PowerShell