Active Directory provides the methods for storing directory data and making this data available to network users and administrators.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Connection to Active Directory Windows Server 2022 Datacenter
To start the server, initiate the virtual machine through Azure.
- For the VM to function correctly, you need to open port 3389 (TCP) in the network properties in Azure Firefall.
- To connect to the virtual machine, run the “Remote Desktop Connection” shortcut using “Win + R”. In the window that appears, enter “mstsc” and click “OK”.
- In the new window that appears, enter the IP of the virtual machine and click “Connect”.
- In the window that appears, enter your username and password and click “OK”.
- Check the box and click “Yes”.
- The next window is displayed
- Now you can work with a completely clean Windows Server 2022 DC with Active Directory
ACTIVE DIRECTORY INSTALLATION STEPS
Open up Server Manager and click on the yellow notification and select Promote this server to a domain controller
This will start the Active Directory Configuration Wizard. The following demo shows how to set up a new forest. But if you add this to an existing domain, you can choose the relevant option. Select the option to add a new forest and type FQDN for the domain. Then click <next>.
On the next page, you can select the domain and forest functional levels. Then type a password for DSRM. Then click <next>
Since we are creating the first DNS server in the new forest, it is not necessary to select additional parameters. Click <next> to proceed
For the NETBIOS name, keep the default and click <next>
The next page is to define the NTDS, SYSVOL, and LOG file folders. You can keep the default or define different paths for these. This demo shows how to keep the default paths. Once changes are made, click <next> to continue
The option to review configuration changes will be given on the next page.
If everything looks okay, you can click <next> to proceed, or otherwise, go back and change the settings.
In the next window, the prerequisite check will be done.
If it passes, it will enable the option to install. Click on the <install> button to begin the installation process.
Then the installation process of promoting this server to a Windows domain controller will be started.
After the AD installation, the server will restart automatically. Once it comes back online, log in to the server as domain administrator.
Once logged in, open PowerShell (as administrator) and type dsac.exe and press enter. It will open up the Active Directory Administrative Center, where you can start managing the domain resources.
Also, you can use Get-ADDomain | fl Name,DomainMode and Get-ADForest | fl Name,ForestMode from PowerShell to confirm the domain and forest functional levels