Configuration and connection to Network File System Server on Windows Server 2022 DC
- Select “File and Storage Services” in the window that opens.
- Select the “Shares” section, click “TASKS” – New Share.
- Select “NFS Share – Quick” and click “Next” in the window that appears.
- For example, you can configure a specific folder as Shared. To do this, you should click on “Type a custom path” and select a folder or write the name of the folder, which will be created in the directory you selected, if there is no such folder. Click “Next”.
(Share_folder is an example of a folder name, it is not necessary to specify it exactly. You can specify any folder that you want to make available on your VM)
- Click “Next”, click “OK” (in case in the previous step you wrote the name of the folder that would be created)
- Specify authentication methods.
- Set the share permissions. Click the “Add” button.
- Specify the Hosts you’d like to grant access permissions like the example below. Enter IP address and choose permissions that will be available to this host.
- Click “Next”.
- Click “Create”.
- Click “Close”.
Connecting to NFS Share
- Press the “Start” button, enter “windows features” and open this menu.
- In this window, scroll down to “Services for NFS” and check the box “Client for NFS” then click the “OK” button.
- Open “Explorer – This PC”, select “Computer – Map network drive – Map network drive” on top.
- Enter \\vm_ip\shared_folder and click “Finish”.
Vm_ip and share_folder are given as an example, you should insert the IP address of your VM instead of vm_ip, and instead of share_folder you should insert the Share name of your NFS.