Connection and configuration of MediaWiki – Wikipedia Server on СentOS 7.9
Creating DNS name through Azure Portal
- The first step is to create a DNS name that will be used for the further connection. You can specify your DNS name (for which an SSL certificate has been already purchased) and skip this step.
- To create a DNS name through Azure Portal, go to the VM settings in the “Overview” section.
- Go to “DNS name” settings
- Fill in the “DNS name label” field and click <Save> at the top.
Server connection and configuration through the PuTTY SSH client
- To connect to a VM, you need the PuTTy application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download
- Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field, and click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console you will need to enter a username and password that were specified when creating the virtual machine. The next window is displayed
- Enter the following commands.
> sudo su
> domedit ‘yourDNSname’.eastus.cloudapp.azure.com
- Now you can go to your DNS name specified in the file when configuring via PuTTY. If an error occurs during the transition, try again in a couple of minutes.
Changing user password and language interface
To connect to the VM, you need to open TCP port 80 in the Azure firewall.
- First of all, you need to log in through the administrator account. To do this, click on “Log in” at the top right of the page.
- Use the “mediaadmin” login and the “adminmediawiki” password to authorize
- Now go to the settings by clicking “Preferences” in the upper right
- Change the “Language” field to your preferred language.
- Also on this page you can change the password for the account. To do this, click the “Change password” button
- Enter the new password in the “New password” and “Retype new password” fields. Then click on the “Change credentials” button to complete the password change.
Now you can use MediaWiki – Wikipedia Server on СentOS 7.9 adapted for Azure.
Get more information – https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Contents
FAQ – Manual:FAQ – MediaWiki