Configuration and Connection to AzuraCast – Web Radio Server on Debian 11
- Run the VM through Azure Portal. To customize the WEB Radio Server, first you need to know the server IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line of “Public IP Address”).
- To work, you should open 80, 443, 2022, 8000-8500 TCP ports in the network properties in the Azure firewall.
- After starting the VM, you can go to the main page. To do this, go to the following address http://*vm_ip*.
- When you first open the site, a page with the creation of an administrator account will be shown.
- In the next step, you will be prompted to create a station. At this stage, enter only the name of the station and click <Create and Continue> at the bottom
- Next, the page with the server settings will open. You can leave everything unchanged, or configure it, as for the necessary goals and objectives.
- To check the operation of the radio station, you can add mp3 files for playback. To do this, go to the editing station.
- Go to the “Music Files” section.
- Press the <Select file> button and select one or more files on your PC.
- After downloading the files, they must be added to the playback queue. To do this, highlight the tracks you want to play and click “Queue”
- Now go to the main page of the radio station by clicking on the “Profile” button
- Start your Station
- And play your radio station.
Now you can use AzuraCast – Web Radio Server on Debian 11 adapted for Azure.
If you have any questions, please refer to the Station Management | AzuraCast Docs
Connecting to the Command-Line Interface with Debian
- To connect to a VM, you need the PuTTy application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download
- Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field and click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console you will need to enter a username and password that were specified while the VM was being created (you’ll not see the password in the console while entering it).
- The next window is displayed