Astroneer is a space-themed exploration and survival game. In Astroneer, players are tasked with exploring alien worlds during the 25th century Intergalactic Age of Discovery, colonizing the worlds and unearthing rare treasures and discoveries.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
How to create and connect to Astroneer
- Before starting the server, you must specify the external IP address of the VM in the server configuration files. To do this, go to the folder C:\astroneer\Astro\Saved\Config\WindowsServer and open the AstroServerSettings file for editing.
- In the file that opens, replace the value 220.127.116.11 with the IP address of your VM.
- Save and close the file. Then, start the server using the AstroServer file on your desktop. The server will start in the background, to check if it starts, open the task manager.
- To connect to the server, launch the Astroneer game on your PC.
- Go to the “Server List” section, select “Add dedicated server”. Enter the address% vm_ip: 8777% in the “Enter Server URL” field. Enter any name for your server in the “Enter Server Nickname” field. Click the “Add Server” button to complete adding the server.
- To start a server, select it in the Favorite Servers list and click the “Join Game” button., the CO-OP section will open after that, where you should click “Join Game”, select a character and click “Join Game” again.
If you were unable to connect to the the server, and “The match you are trying to join is running an incompatible version of the game. Please try updating your game version” error appeared, you should update the server. To do this, connect to the VM through RDP and do the following:
- Close the server (kill process in task manager)
- Go to the “C:\steamcmd” folder and open the “steamcmd” file
- Enter the following commands in sequence:
> login anonymous
> force_install_dir “C:\astroneer”
> app_update 728470 validate
- Wait until the server is updated, and run “AstroServer” file from the desktop again