The guide on how to use Asterisk – VoIP System on Debian 11
- To start the server, run the VM through Azure Portal.
- To work, you must open port UDP 5060 in the network properties in the Azure firewall.
- Install PuTTY. You can download PuTTY from the link – https://putty.org.ru/download.html Launch PuTTY.
- In the “Host Name” field, enter the IP of the virtual machine and click “Open”.
- In the window that appears, click Accept.
- Enter the username and password that was used to create the virtual machine.
(If you enter a password, it will not be displayed.)
- To check that the service is running, enter the command:
> sudo systemctl status asterisk
- Press “Q” to exit checking service status
- To enter the asterisk service console enter the command
> sudo asterisk -vvvr
- To view the “Settings” or “Help” in the console of the asterisk service, you can use the commands:
> core show settings
> core show help
This is pre-configured Asterisk v.18
You can easily modify it to your own needs.
To further configuration of the service, use the documentation