Configuration and connection to XAMPP PHP 8.1.2 on Windows Server 2022 DC
- After purchasing and starting the VM you should know its IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You should select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP would be displayed in the line of “Public IP Address”).
- To connect to the virtual machine, run the “Remote Desktop Connection” shortcut “Win + R”
- In the window that appears, enter “mstsc” and click “OK”.
- In the window that appears, enter the IP of the virtual machine and click “Connect”.
- In the window that appears, enter your username and password and click “OK”.
- Check the box and click “Yes”.
- Launch the XAMPP Control panel
8. The control panel is displayed where XAMPP is controlled
9. XAMPP is located in c:\xampp\ where you will find all the config files
Configure and Use Apache Tomcat
10. You can see an error similar to the below when you attempt to start Apache Tomcat through the XAMPP control panel
To solve the problem open
Set component as a service
1. To set component as a service use correspond check-box
2. Click “Yes”
3. Check that services are installed
4. Check the service list
XAMPP Firewall Ports
- You can find the ports you need in the XAMPP Control Panel to configure how to use XAMPP
- To setup ports click “Config”
To setup AWS firewall rules refer to – AWS Security Groups
To setup Azure firewall rules refer to – Azure Network Security Groups
To open ports outside to work with services Windows firewall ports should be opened too
You can find XAMPP support on this forum – Apache Friends Support Forum • Index page
Documentation can be found locally within your server on the following URL: http://localhost/dashboard/howto.html