Zabbix gives you an opportunity to monitor your network. Start controlling network health, performance, and configuration changes with this tool.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Connection Settings of Zabbix: Network Monitoring System on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- To work, you must open port 80 (TCP) in the network properties in the AWS firewall.
- After starting the VM, you can go to the admin panel. To do this, go to the following address http://vm_ip/zabbix
- When you go to the site, a page with authorization will open.
Username to log in – “Admin” (note the case of text is important!)
In the password field, enter the Instance ID of your VM
Also, the data is duplicated in the file / credentials.txt (to open it, you need to connect to the VM, how to do this you will find in the instructions below)
- After entering your login information, you will be taken to the main page
- By default, the system includes checks and monitoring of this server itself according to various criteria.
If you have any questions, please refer to the main documentation – https://www.zabbix.com/documentation/current/manual
Official website – https://www.zabbix.com
License – https://www.zabbix.com/true_open_source
If you want to use agents in active mode, you need to open TCP port 10051 in the AWS firewall
Connecting to VM and getting the login data:
To connect to the Server, you should generate a “Private Key” in advance. This can be done using the following instruction (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in point 3)
Guide – How To – Create and use Key Pair to connect to a VM
To work with the server, you should connect to it via PuTTY
- Download and run Putty
- Go to section SSH on the left panel, and then in Auth
- In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Open”.
- In the opened console you will need to enter the login ubuntu
- In the console, enter the following command:
> cat /credentials.txt
And in response you will get the username и password to log in nagios.