Connection and configuration to Webmin on Ubuntu 20.04
To start the server, start the virtual machine through AWS
To work, you must open ports 22 and 10000 (TCP) in the network properties in the AWS firewall.
- To connect to the VM, you should generate a “Private Key” in advance. This can be done using the following instruction (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in point 3)
Guide – How To – Create and use Key Pair to connect to a VM
- Go to the SSH section in the left panel and then to Auth.
- In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Open”.
- In the window that appears, click Accept.
- In the console that opens, you must enter the standard login that appears when creating a virtual machine – ubuntu.
- Enter next command in the console:
$ sudo /usr/share/webmin/changepass.pl /etc/webmin root NewPassWord,
where NewPassWord is your new password.
- The following message is displayed when a password has been set for the “root” user
Connecting to Webmin
- In your browser, enter https://ip:10000. For example: https://126.96.36.199:10000
- When you go to the address, you will need to accept a self-signed certificate, for this, click the <Advanced> button and then <Proceed to “vm_ip” >
- The authorization page will open.
Enter username “root” and NewPassWord in the fields.
- In order to change the Username and Password, you need to click the <Edit user> button.
- 1) In <Username> field – enter your nickname;
2) In <Password> field choose <Set to>;
3) Enter new password;
4) Click the <Save> button.
More documentation about Webmin here – Webmin Documentation
Visit Webmin Forum to get answer your question