Trac is an open-source web-based system consisting of task management modules, viewing repositories and organizing interaction. Extensions allow you to turn it into a simple project management system.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Configuring and connecting to Trac with Auth: Wiki Issue Tracking System on CentOS 8.3
- To connect to Trac, you need to open 8000 TCP port in the Amazon network settings.
- After start-up, the VM server will launch automatically.
- To open the site, go to the following address in any browser convenient for you http://vm_ip:8000.
- You will be asked to select the project. The system has already created one project called “Default project” by default.
- For further setup and site operations, see the manuals and setup guides. You can find links at the bottom of the page in the “Starting Point” section or the “Help/Guide” link in the upper right of the page.
In order to enter Trac portal, you can use the already created user with administrator access. To this end, press “Login” button in the upper right corner of the web page:
And sign in using the following data:
Adding new users
- To connect to the VM, you should generate a “Private Key” in advance. This can be done using the following instruction (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in point 3)
Guide – How To – Create and use Key Pair to connect to a VM
- Download and run Putty
- Go to the “SSH” section in the left panel and then to “Auth”.
- In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Open”.
- n the opened console you will need to enter the login centos
- Enter the following command:
> sudo su
Command examples for adding a user:
Adding a user to the portal:
> htpasswd /var/local/trac/.htpasswd newloginname
Assigning administrative rights for the portal
trac-admin /var/local/trac/default_project permission add newloginname TRAC_ADMIN