Configuration and Connection Terraform Software Tool Server on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Run the VM, through Azure Portal. To customize Terraform, first, you need to know the server IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line “Public IP Address”).
- To manage with Terraform server, you should connect to the VM.
- We will take a look at two ways to connect to a VM via “ssh”:
- With the PuTTY application
To do this, you need the PuTTY application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download
Run PuTTY, enter the VM address in the “Host” field and click “Open” to connect.
In the opened console, you will need to enter a username and password that were specified while the VM was being created (you’ll not see the password in the console while entering it).
- With OpenSSH
In the Windows 10 operating system (starting with version 1809), an OpenSSH client is available, with which you can connect to Linux servers via SSH. If Windows 10 is suitable and the OpenSSH client is installed, you can start connecting via SSH. To do this, launch a normal Windows command prompt or PowerShell and enter the command “ssh user@*vm_ip*”.
Where “user” is the username that was specified while creating the virtual machine and “*vm_ip*” is the VM IP address.
In the opened console, it is necessary to enter a password that was specified while creating the virtual machine (you’ll not see the password in the console while entering it).
We have connected to the server via SSH, let’s continue with the command line.
- You can check the performance of the Terraform server and view its version using the command:
- To get useful information about Terraform’s available subcommands enter
Now you can use your own Terraform Software Tool Server on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
More information in:
What is Terraform | Terraform by HashiCorp
Documentation | Terraform by HashiCorp
Terraform Tutorials – HashiCorp Learn