Nagios provides monitoring of all mission-critical infrastructure components including applications, services, operating systems, network protocols, systems metrics, and network infrastructure.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Connection Settings of Nagios on Ubuntu 20.04
- To work, you must open port 80 (TCP) in the network properties in the AWS firewall.
- After starting the VM, you can go to the admin panel. To do this, go to the following address http://*vm_ip*/nagios
- When you go to the site, a page with authorization will open.
Username to log in – “nagiosadmin”
In the password field, enter the Instance ID of your VM
Also, the data is duplicated in the file / credentials.txt (to open it, you need to connect to the VM, how to do this you will find in the guideline below)
- After entering your login information, you will be taken to the main page
- Initially, the service is preset to check three hosts: localhost, 188.8.131.52 и yahoo.com
- To view the status of the hosts, you need to select Services or Host
If you have any questions, please refer to the main documentation – https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nagioscore/docs/nagioscore/4/en/toc.html
Writing host configs for monitoring – https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nagioscore/docs/nagioscore/4/en/monitoring-publicservices.html
The main nagios directory is
/ usr / local / nagios /
Preset config for yahoo.com –
Preset config for 184.108.40.206 –
Main config file –
Connecting to VM and getting the login data:
To connect to the Server, you should generate a “Private Key” in advance. This can be done using the following instruction (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in point 3)
Guide – How To – Create and use Key Pair to connect to a VM
To work with the server, you should connect to it via PuTTY
- Download and run Putty
- Go to section SSH on the left panel, and then in Auth
- In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Open”.
- In the opened console you will need to enter the login ubuntu
- In the console, enter the following command:
> cat /credentials.txt
And in response you will get the username и password to log in nagios.