Nagios is a computer-software application that provides monitoring of all mission-critical infrastructure components including applications, services, operating systems, network protocols, systems metrics, and network infrastructure. Nagios offers to monitor and alerting services for servers, switches, applications and services.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Guide – How To Start – Nagios: Network Monitoring System on Linux CentOS 8
- To connect to the Server, you should generate a “Private Key” in advance. This can be done using the following instruction (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in point 3)
Guide – How To – Create and use Key Pair to connect to a VM
- To connect to the virtual machine, you need to open port 80 (TCP) in the network properties in Security groups of the VM.
- Use the program PuTTY (Download and run Putty) to work with the server
- Go to SSH section then select Auth
- In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Open”.
- In the opened console you will need to enter the login – centos
In the console, enter the following command:
> cat /credentials.txt
And in response, you will get the username и password to log in nagios.
- After starting the VM, you can go to the admin panel. To do this, go to the following address http://*vm_ip*/nagios
- When you go to the site, a page with authorization will open.
- Username to log in – “nagiosadmin” In the password field, enter the Instance ID of your VM
Also, the data is duplicated in the file / credentials.txt (to open it, you need to connect to the VM, how to do this you will find in the guideline below)
- After entering your login information, you will be taken to the main page
Initially, the service is preset to check three hosts: localhost, 188.8.131.52 и yahoo.com
To view the status of the hosts, you need to select Services or Host
If you have any questions, please refer to the main documentation – https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nagioscore/docs/nagioscore/4/en/toc.html
Writing host configs for monitoring – https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nagioscore/docs/nagioscore/4/en/monitoring-publicservices.html
The main nagios directory is / usr / local / nagios /
Preset config for yahoo.com – /usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/yahoo.com.cfg
Preset config for 184.108.40.206 – /usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/8888.cfg
Main config file – /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg