MariaDB is a database management system, a branch of MySQL. MariaDB is designed to be fully compatible with MySQL, including APIs and command lines, making it easy to be a replacement for MySQL.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Connecting to MariaDB by HeidiSQL through the SSH tunnel
Before starting, the following components should be installed:
Connection setup using HeidiSQL
- Install the app HeidiSQL and run it – Download
- In the lower left corner click on the <New> button to create a new session
- In the “Network Type” field select the “MariaDB or MySQL (SSH Tunnel)”
- Go to the appeared “SSH tunnel” tab
- In the “plink.exe location” field click on the folder icon and then select the “plink.exe” file in the folder, where the PuTTY was installed (by default the file is located on the next path C:\Program Files\PuTTY )
- In the “SSH host + port” field enter the address of the virtual machine
- In the “Username” and “Password” fields type the data to connect to the virtual machine
- Go back to the “Settings” tab
- To connect to the DBMS with the root rights, leave the “User” and “Password” fields with no changes
- Click <Save> left in the bottom and after click <Open> to connect to DBMS