Configuration and Connection to Jenkins Automation Server on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
Connecting and managing Jenkins server
- Run the VM, through Azure Portal. To customize the Ampache Server, first, you need to know the server IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line “Public IP Address”).
- To work, you should open ports 8080 and 8443 TCP in the network properties in the Azure firewall.
- To manage with Jenkins server, you should connect to a VM.
- With OpenSSH
In the Windows 10 operating system (starting with version 1809), an OpenSSH client is available, with which you can connect to Linux servers via SSH. If the Windows 10 is suitable and the OpenSSH client is installed, you can start connecting via SSH. To do this, launch a normal Windows command prompt and enter the command “ssh user@*vm_ip*”.
Where “user” is the username that was specified while creating the virtual machine and “*vm_ip*” is the VM IP address.
In the opened console, it is necessary to enter a password that was specified while creating the virtual machine.
- With the PuTTY application
To do this, you need the PuTTY application to connect via “ssh”. You can download it at the following link – Download
Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field and click “Open” to connect.
In the opened console, you will need to enter a username and password that were specified while the VM was being created (you’ll not see the password in the console while entering it).
- You can check the status of the Jenkins service using the command:
> sudo systemctl status jenkins
Also, you can enable the Jenkins service to start at boot with the command:
> sudo systemctl enable jenkins
You can start the Jenkins service with the command:
> sudo systemctl start jenkins
Configuration of Jenkins server
- After starting the VM, you can go to the main page. To do this, go to the following address http://*vm_ip*:8080.
- The authorization page will open. Use the username “admin” and password “jenkins” to log in as an administrator.
- To change a password and add your mail go to “admin -> Configure”
Add an email, change and confirm a new password. Then click “Save”
- To configure system settings, go to ‘Manage Jenkins -> Jenkins Configuration’
Here you can see and change ‘Jenkins URL’ (using your domain name), System Admin email, and set a lot of the options you need.
Jenkins Automation Server on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS helps you to automate all sorts of tasks related to building, testing, and delivering or deploying software.
More information – Jenkins Handbook