GeoServer – Location Sharing Server for Ubuntu is a web server that allows you to serve maps and data from a variety of formats to standard clients such as web browsers and desktop GIS programs.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Configuration and connection of GeoServer – Location Sharing Server for Ubuntu
- To start the server, run the VM through Azure Portal
- After starting the VM, you can go to the main page. To do this, go to the following address http://*vm_ip*:8080/geoserver/web/
- To log in using the administrator account, enter the username admin and password geoserver at the top of the page.
- First of all, it is recommended to change the default password for the administrator account. To do this, go to the “User, Groups, Roles” section in the left menu of the page.
- On the page that opens, go to the “User/Groups” section.
- Click on the “admin” account.
- Enter the new password“Password” and “Confirm password” In the fields. Then confirm the operation by clicking “Save” at the bottom of the page.