Connecting to FTP IIS on Windows Server 2022 Datacenter
To start the server, run the VM through Azure Portal.
For the connection to the server, you should know the IP address of the VM. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line “Public IP Address”.
To work, you must open ports 21, 50000-51000 (TCP) in the network properties in the Azure firewall.
- To connect to the virtual machine, run the program “Remote Desktop Connection”
- Enter the ip address of the virtual machine in the field “Computer” and press “Connect”
- Next, enter your username / password that you specified when creating the virtual machine
- There is a credential file on the desktop
- Open it and use these credentials to connect to your FTP server
- To manage your FTP server run IIS Manager
Connecting to FTP using “FileZilla Client”
- To connect to PureFTPd, it is recommended to use the “FileZilla Client” application (you can download it from the link: Download FileZilla Client for Windows (64bit x86)).
- When connecting to the ftp server, you need to follow these steps:
- In the <Host> field, enter the VM IP address
- In the <Username> field, enter the login received in paragraph 5 of the previous section
- In the <Password> field, enter the password received in paragraph 5 of the previous section
- In the <Port> field, enter port 21
- When the data is entered, press Quickconnect
- After entering all the data and clicking on Quickconnect, you will successfully connect to the server.
Now you can use your completely clean FTP IIS on Windows Server 2022 Datacenter virtual machine