Advanced hMail Mail Server on Windows server 2019 supports the common e-mail protocols (IMAP, SMTP and POP3) and can easily be integrated with many existing web mail systems. It has flexible score-based spam protection and virus scanner.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The guide how to work with the Advanced hMail Mail Server on Windows server 2019
Static Ip address – Your virtual machine should have the static IP address, if you want constantly change the domain settings (because if the address is dynamic, after the rebooting of the machine it’ll change to the static one).
The instruction how to change the Azure VM address to the static one https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/assign-static-public-ip-address-to-azure-vm/
After creating the machine, it’s possible to get the access to the web-panel either directly through the IP address or by adding to the domain MX records.
The instruction how to do that:
Google Domain – https://support.google.com/a/answer/6248174?hl=en
Namecheap – https://protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/dns-records-namecheap/
GoDaddy – https://www.godaddy.com/help/what-is-an-mx-record-324
(For your site, where you’ve bought the domain – please, google “youdomainSeller add mx records” or contact seller customer support)
- After purchasing and start of the VM you should know its IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You should select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line of “Public IP Address”).
2. You will find the shortcut of the app on the desktop. Click twice to run it.
3. Next click “Connect”.
4. Now you should enter the password “h3pwdcdkh32”, it is also located in the hmail password file on the desktop.
- Create a domain
- After saving it is necessary to create a mail account.
7. Click “Save”, after entering account data.
- Now you can connect to your account.
- There are additional functions in the advanced version of the hMail server, as opposed to the standard version, namely:
enabled message indexing
increased smtp message size
enabled disconnect client after too many invalid commands
- TCP ports (25, 465, 587, 110, 995, 143, 993) must be opened for work.
- You will find more detailed instructions how to work with hMail server on the developer’s website: