The guide how to connect to Iperf3 Server
1.If Ubuntu is installed on your VM, you can skip the step 2.
2. To start the iperf3 server on Windows you should find the bat file named “start iperf3 server” on your desktop and run it. (Important: you should run this file after each start of VM!!!)
3. After purchasing and start of the VM, you should know its IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line of “Public IP Address”).
4. Also you should allow the access by port 5201 (TCP+UDP), you can do in properties of azure firewall network.
5. For the speed check you can download iperf3 client for your operating system. Download.
6. To start the app you need to run the console (enter the “cmd” in the Start menu)
7. In console go to the iperf3 client installation directory (in our case this is D:\Programs\iperf-3.1.3-win64)
8. To get the help in usage, enter the >iperf3 command
9. Enter the command for the connection speed check (for example, for 10 seconds test command is: “iperf3 -c xx.xx.xxx.xx -p 5201 -t 10” where instead of xx enter the IP address of your VM)