Configuration and launching YATE Telephony VoIP Engine Server on Windows 2016
- Launch and connect to the VM via RDP connection
- To add users who can make calls, you have to edit the “regfile.conf” file (or create if it is missing). To do this, go to the C:\Program Files(x86)\Yate\conf.d.
- Locate the “regfile.conf.sample” file and make a copy of it. Rename a copy of the file to “regfile.conf”.
- Open the file with a text editor and add the following lines after the [general] line
Where username1 and username2 is the user name, test1 and test2 are the passwords for the account.
- In order for the changes to take effect, open the task manager by right clicking on the “task bar” and select “Task Manager”.
- Go to the “Services” tab.
- Find the service “yate” at the bottom.
- Right click on it and select “Restart”.
- To check the call, launch Yate Client using the desktop shortcut.
- The “Add account Wizard” window will open. Close it by clicking “Close”.
- At the top of the application, click “Yate” -> “Add account”.
- Fill in the Username and Password fields with the data of the user that you previously specified in the “regfile.conf” file.
- In the Server field, specify *vm_ip*:5060.
- The remaining fields can be left empty. Then press “OK” to save.
- To check the call, you need to install Yate Client on another PC. Download it from the following link – Download and run.
- Repeat steps from 9 to 14 in Yate Client on your local computer.
- Now you can make a test call. To do this, open the Yate Client on a remote or local PC, and go to the “Telephony” tab.
- Enter the username from another PC and click “Call” in the field for the number.