Xlight FTP Server for Windows is a high performance and easy to use FTP server for Windows. It is designed to handle thousands of simultaneous ftp clients and use very little CPU and memory.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The guide how to connect to Xlight FTP Server 2019
Xlight FTP is a paid server
Prices and license types are described in detail here: https://www.xlightftpd.com/purchase.htm
- First you need to open TCP port 21 in the network properties of the Azure Firewall.
- On the desktop of the virtual machine you can find the shortcut of Xlight FTP Server, which starts automatically. The “c:\ftp” folder has been created on the VM. When you open the application, you will see the following window:
To add the user of the FTP Server you should:
- Click on the icon – .
- In the opened window click “Add”
- Type the login, password and home directory (e.g. c:\ftp)
To connect to ftp, it is recommended to use the “FileZilla Client” application (you can download it from the link: https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?platform=win64). When launched, the application looks like this:
To work properly with the FileZilla Client with Xlight FTP Server use application’s “Active mode”. You can enable it with further actions:
- Click Edit in FileZilla Client.
- Click Settings.
- Click FTP and select Transfer mode – “Active” and click “OK”.
Also check “Ask your operating system for the external IP address” is enabled in “Active mode” tab.
In the “Host” field enter: ftp://Xlight, where Xlight is the address of your machine in the personal account in Azure.
In the “Username” field enter the user’s login of the virtual machine.
In the “Password” type the user’s password of the virtual machine.
When the data is entered click on “Quickconnect”.
Then you will see the next window:
If you have connection problems, try to disable the Firewall module in an antivirus (such as Avast) on your operating system.
After that, you need to restart FileZilla and try to connect to the FTP Server again.