Configuration and connection to XAMPP PHP on Windows Server 2022 DC Azure Edition
- Press Win + R.
- In the window that appears, enter “mstsc.exe” and click “OK”.
- In the window that appears, enter the IP of the virtual machine and click “Connect”.
- In the window that appears, enter your username and password and click “OK”.
- Check the box and click “Yes”.
- The remote desktop window is displayed after connection
- Launch the XAMPP Control panel as Administrator
and click ‘Yes’.
- The control panel is displayed where XAMPP is controlled
XAMPP is located in c:\xampp\ where you will find all the config files
Set component as a service
- To set component as a service use correspond check-box
- Click “Yes”
- Check that services are installed
- Check the service list
XAMPP Firewall Ports
You can find the ports you need in the XAMPP Control Panel to configure how to use XAMPP
- Required ports:
- To change ports click “Config”
- Click ‘Service and Port Settings’
- In the displayed window you can change ports of services
To setup Azure firewall rules refer to – Azure Network Security Groups
To open ports outside to work with services Windows firewall ports should be opened too
Use the “xampp_start” and “xampp_stop” icons to start and stop the server
Documentation can be found locally within your server on the following URL: http://localhost/dashboard/howto.html
You can find XAMPP support on this forum – Apache Friends Support Forum • Index page
FAQ – XAMPP FAQs for Windows