Configuration and connection to XAMPP PHP 8.1.2 on Windows Server 2022 Base
- Press Win + R.
- In the window that appears, enter “mstsc.exe” and click “OK”.
- In the window that appears, enter the IP of the virtual machine and click “Connect”.
- In the window that appears, enter your username and password and click “OK”.
- Check the box and click “Yes”.
- The remote desktop window is displayed after connection
- Launch the XAMPP Control panel as Administrator
- Click XAMPP shortcut in the tray
- The control panel is displayed where XAMPP is controlled
XAMPP is located in c:\xampp\ where you will find all the config files
Set component as a service
- To set component as a service use correspond check-box
- Click “Yes”
- Check that services are installed
- Check the service list
XAMPP Firewall Ports
You can find the ports you need in the XAMPP Control Panel to configure how to use XAMPP
- Required ports:
- To change ports click “Config”
- Click ‘Service and Port Settings’
- In the displayed window you can change ports of services
To open ports outside to work with services AWS and Windows firewall ports should be opened too.
Documentation can be found locally within your server on the following URL: http://localhost/dashboard/howto.html
You can find XAMPP support on this forum –
FAQ – XAMPP FAQs for Windows