Connection and configuration to Webmin on Centos Stream 9
To start the server, start the virtual machine through AWS
To work, you must open ports 22 and 10000 (TCP) in the network properties in the AWS firewall.
- To connect to the VM, you should generate a “Private Key” in advance. This can be done using the following instruction (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in point 3)
- Go to the SSH section in the left panel and then to Auth.
- In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Open”.
- In the window that appears, click Accept.
- In the console that opens, you must enter the standard login that appears when creating a virtual machine – ec2-user.
- Enter next command in the console:
$ sudo /usr/libexec/webmin/changepass.pl /etc/webmin root NewPassWord,
where NewPassWord is your new password.
- The following message is displayed when a password has been set for the “root” user
Connecting to Webmin
- When you go to the address, you will need to accept a self-signed certificate, for this, click the <Advanced> button and then <Proceed to “vm_ip” >
- The authorization page will open.
Enter username “root” and NewPassWord in the fields.
- In order to change the Username and Password, you need to click the <Edit user> button.
- 1) In <Username> field – enter your nickname;
2) In <Password> field choose <Set to>;
3) Enter new password;
4) Click the <Save> button.
More documentation about Webmin here – Webmin Documentation
Visit Webmin Forum to get answer your question