Webmin on CentOs Stream 8
To start the server, start the virtual machine through Azure
For the VM to work, you need to open ports 22 and 10000 (TCP), in the network properties in Azure Firefall.
- To connect to a VM, you need the PuTTy application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download
- Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field (1) and click “Open” (2) to connect.
- In the opened console you should enter a username and password that were specified when creating the virtual machine.
- Next text is displayed
- Enter next command in the console:
$ sudo /usr/libexec/webmin/changepass.pl /etc/webmin root NewPassWord,
where NewPassWord is your new password.
- Then accept your admin password, that was specified when creating the virtual machine
- The following message is displayed when a password has been set for the “root” user
Connecting to Webmin
- When you go to the address, you will need to accept a self-signed certificate, for this, click the <Advanced> button and then <Proceed to “vm_ip” >
- The authorization page will open.
Enter username “root” and NewPassWord in the fields.
- In order to change the Username and Password, you need to click the <Edit user> button.
- 1) In <Username> field – enter your nickname;
2) In <Password> field choose <Set to>;
3) Enter new password;
4) Click the <Save> button.
More documentation about Webmin here – Webmin Documentation
Visit Webmin Forum to get answer your question