Webmin is software providing a web interface for system administration for Unix-based systems. It provides the ability to set up user accounts, Apache, DNS, file sharing, and much more with the help of any modern web browser.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Webmin – Easy GUI SysAdmin Server on Linux CentOS 7.9
To start the server, start the virtual machine through Amazon
- For the VM to work, you need to open port 10000 (TCP), in the network properties in Amazon Firefall.
- In your browser, enter https://ip:10000. For example: https://22.214.171.124:10000
- When you go to the address, you will need to accept a self-signed certificate, for this, click the <Advanced> button and then <Proceed to “vm_ip” >
- The authorization page will open.
The login username is “root”.
Enter the Instance ID of your virtual machine in the password field, and click on the <Sign in> button.
Also, the data is duplicated in the file / credentials.txt (to open it, you need to connect to the VM, how to do this, you will find in the instructions below)
- In order to change the Username and Password, you need to click the <Edit user> button.
- 1) In <Username> field – enter your nickname;
2) In <Password> field choose <Set to>;
3) Enter new password;
4) Click the <Save> button.
Connecting to a VM and getting login data using PuTTY:
- Install PuTTY Link to download the application – https://putty.org.ru/download.html. Start PuTTY.
- To connect to a virtual machine, you need to generate a “private key” in advance. This can be done using the following instructions (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in step 3)
- Go to the SSH section on the left pane, and then to Auth.
- In the Auth section, click <Browse> and specify the path to the .ppk file that was generated earlier.
- Go to the Sessions section, enter the IP address of the virtual machine and click <Open>.
- In the window that appears, click <Accept>.
- In the console that opens, you must enter the standard login that appears when creating a virtual machine – centos.
Or use the User name that was specified after the VM was created.
- Next, enter the following command into the console:
The response will display the username and password for entering Webmin.