The application supports multiple file transfer protocols, including FTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, and SFTP, giving your clients flexibility in how they connect to the server.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Connection to WEB-FTP Windows Server 2022 Minimal
To start the server, start the virtual machine through Azure
- For the VM to work, you need to open ports 20, 21, 3389, 60000-65535 (TCP), in the network properties in Azure Firefall.
- To connect to the virtual machine, run the “Remote Desktop Connection” shortcut “Win + R”. In the window that appears, enter “mstsc” and click “OK”.
- In the window that appears, enter the IP of the virtual machine and click “Connect”.
- In the window that appears, enter your username and password and click “OK”.
- Check the box and click “Yes”.
- In the opened console you will see 15 commands. To run Powershell enter 15.
- To check if all FTP services have been installed enter Get-WindowsFeature -Name *ftp* in the PowerShell console
- To check if all WEB services have been installed enter Get-WindowsFeature -Name *web* in the PowerShell console
Enter powershell -noexit “& “”C:\users\default\configftp.ps1″”” to config FTP-server
Enter your site name (e.g. ‘test’)
Enter name for read-only user
Enter name for user with edit rights (it can be the same) and confirm with Y
Enter your DNS name
To check created directory enter Get-WebSite
To delete your directory enter Remove-Item IIS:\Sites\nameFTP -Recurse, where nameFTP – your directory name.
Client FTP Software
Users can use any FTP Client to allow clients to connect. One of the best solutions is to choose FileZilla’s FTP Client.
To connect to FileZilla’s FTP Client you should enter the IP of your VM in the <Host> field (1), the username (2) and the password (3) to the corresponding fields as well. Then click ‘Quickconnect’
Now you can work with a completely clean WEB-FTP Windows Server 2022 Minimal