Veso Media Server allows you to scan your media directory with supported metadata fetches, play your media from home and invite your friends to browse and play your media.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Configuration and Connection Veso Media Server on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- To start the server, run the VM through Azure Portal.
- After starting the VM, you can go to the main page. To do this, go to the following address http://*vm_ip*:8096.
- When you first open the site, the primary configuration will open. At the first stage, select the desired language and press <Next>.
- In the next step, you will be prompted to create an account. Specify your preferred name with password and press <Next>.
- Then, it will be proposed to create a Media Library. You can skip this item and return to it later.
- The next step will be a suggestion to choose metadata language. Choose in which language the meta data of your media files will be.
- Remote access settings are recommended to be left unchanged. And in the next step, press <Finish> to complete the installation.
- Now you need to log in through the account that was created in the first stage.
- Done. Now you can create your own libraries for further broadcasting and playing them on any device.
More information on setting up and working with Veso can be found at the following links:
vesoapp/veso: Open source media server.