Unturned – Adventure Sandbox Game Server on Ubuntu allows players to assume the role of a survivor in the zombie-infested ruins of modern-day society and must work with friends and forge alliances to remain among the living.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
How to create and connect to Unturned on Ubuntu
- To start the server, you just need to start the VM through Azure Portal.
- To configure the server, you should connect to the VM and call the game console. To connect, you need PuTTy application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download.
- Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field, and click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console it is necessary to enter a username and password that were specified while creating the virtual machine.
- Run the following commands, to open the game console:
> sudo su
> screen -r
To exit the console correctly, use the “Ctrl + A” key combination, then releasing only the “A” button, press “D” on the keyboard.
- Start the game “Unturned” to connect to the server.
- Select the item “Play” in the game menu, and then “Connect”.
- Enter the IP address of the VM, leave port 27015 and click “Connect”. Click “Join” on next screen to start the game.
If you were unable to connect to the the server, you should update the server. To do this, connect to the VM through PuTTY and do the following:
- First of all, you must stop the server, you can do this using the following commands:
> sudo systemctl stop unturned
- Enter the following commands in sequence:
> sudo su
> login anonymous
> force_install_dir /home/steamuser/unturned
> app_update 1110390 validate
- To start the server after update, restart the VM with following command or through Azure Portal:
> sudo reboot