This ready-to-run and quick deployment Image contains Trac – Wiki Issue Tracking System and has been pre-tested for seamless performance in AWS Cloud Environments.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Configuring and connecting to Trac with Auth: Wiki Issue Tracking System on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- To connect to Trac, you need to open 8000 TCP port in the Amazon network settings.
- After start-up, the VM server will launch automatically.
- To open the site, go to the following address in any browser convenient for you http://vm_ip:8000.
- You will be asked to select the project. The system has already created one project called “Default project” by default.
- For further setup and site operations, see the manuals and setup guides. You can find links at the bottom of the page in the “Starting Point” section or the “Help/Guide” link in the upper right of the page.
In order to enter Trac portal, you can use the already created user with administrator access. To this end, press “Login” button in the upper right corner of the web page.:
And sign in using the following data:
Creation of new projects
- To connect to the VM, you should generate a “Private Key” in advance. This can be done using the following instruction (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in point 3)
- Download and run Putty
- Go to the “SSH” section in the left panel and then to “Auth”.
- In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Open”.
- In the opened console you will need to enter the login ubuntu
- Еnter the following commands in sequence:
> sudo su
> mkdir -p /var/local/trac/new_project
> trac-admin /var/local/trac/new_project initenv
To replace “new_project”, enter the directory title for your new project
- Enter the title of the new project and press “Enter” twice
- Stop the trac service by the following command:
> systemctl stop trac
- Open the file in the nano text editor:
> nano /lib/systemd/system/trac.service
- Take the following actions in sequence:
Following the default project path, add your new project path (for example, /var/local/trac/new_project) .
Press Ctrl+X to exit the file
Press “Y” to save the changes in the file
Press “Enter” to confirm the changes in the file
- To apply the changes, enter the following command:
> systemctl daemon-reload
- Launch the service again by the following command:
> systemctl start trac
Adding new users
- Connect to the VM via ssh (please see “Creation of new projects” above, Steps 1-6)
- Enter the following command:
> su –
Command examples for adding a user:
Adding a user to the portal:
htpasswd /var/local/trac/.htpasswd newloginname
Assigning administrative rights for the portal
trac-admin /var/local/trac/default_project permission add newloginname TRAC_ADMIN