Trac – Wiki Issue Tracking System can easily structure and track your project using team members, tickets, timelines, and useful overviews.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Configuring and connecting to Trac – Wiki Issue Tracking System on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- To connect to Trac, you need to open 8000 TCP port in the Amazon network settings.
- After start-up, the VM server will launch automatically.
- To open the site, go to the following address in any browser convenient for you http://vm_ip:8000.
- You will be asked to select the project. The system has already created one project called “Default project” by default.
- For further setup and site operations, see the manuals and setup guides. You can find links at the bottom of the page in the “Starting Point” section or the “Help/Guide” link in the upper right of the page.
Creation of new projects
- To connect to the VM, you should generate a “Private Key” in advance. This can be done using the following instruction (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in point 3)
- Download and run Putty
- Go to the “SSH” section in the left panel and then to “Auth”.
- In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Open”.
- In the opened console you will need to enter the login ubuntu
- Еnter the following commands in sequence:
> sudo su
> mkdir -p /var/local/trac/new_project
> trac-admin /var/local/trac/new_project initenv
To replace “new_project”, enter the directory title for your new project
- Enter the title of the new project and press “Enter” twice
- Stop the trac service by the following command:
> systemctl stop trac
- Open the file in the nano text editor:
> nano /lib/systemd/system/trac.service
- Take the following actions in sequence:
Following the default project path, add your new project path (for example, /var/local/trac/new_project) .
Press Ctrl+X to exit the file
Press “Y” to save the changes in the file
Press “Enter” to confirm the changes in the file
- To apply the changes, enter the following command:
> systemctl daemon-reload
- Launch the service again by the following command:
> systemctl start trac
Adding new users
- Connect to the VM via ssh (please see “Creation of new projects” above, Steps 1-6)
- Enter the following command:
> su -
Command examples for adding a user:
Adding a user to the portal:
htpasswd /var/local/trac/.htpasswd newloginname
Assigning administrative rights for the portal
trac-admin /var/local/trac/default_project permission add newloginname TRAC_ADMIN