Configuring and connecting to Trac – Wiki Issue Tracking System for Windows 2016
1. Launch and connect to VM via RDP connection.
2. To start the server, run one of the following commands on the desktop.
“trac_noauth_start” – server startup without authentication
“trac_basic_auth_start” – server start without authentication
3. To open the site, go to the following address in any browser convenient for you http:// vm_ip:8000.
4. You will be asked to select the project. The system has already created one project called “default_project” by default.
5. If you started the server with authentication, you can click the “Login” button to get advanced administration features.
Create a new project
1. Open the console on the VM. To do this, press start, type “cmd” and press “Enter” on the keyboard.
2. Enter the following command trac-admin “C:\trac\new_project” initenv, where C:\trac\ new_project is the path and folder in which the project will be stored.
3. Then in the command line specify the name of the project.
4. Now you need to specify the data to connect to the database. You can find the necessary address for connection in the trac_admin_pwd file on the desktop. Copy and paste the address into the command line.
5. Before starting the server, you must specify the path to the new project. To do this, right-click on the required server startup file (trac_noauth_start or trac_basic_auth_start) and select Edit from the context menu.
6. At the end of the line, type the path to your new project, or replace an existing one.
Add new user
1. First you need to generate an encrypted password. To do this, go to the htpasswd file generator website.
2. In the left field, you must enter a username and password with a space, for example TestUser test1.
3. Then in the second block select “SHA-1”.
4. Click “Generate htpasswd content”.
5. Copy the resulting string and open VM through RDP.
6. On the virtual machine, go to the path “C:\trac” and open the “.htpasswd_sha1” file with a text editor.
7. Paste the generated line at the end of the text file and save.
8. Done, now starting the server with authentication enabled, you can log in using just added user.