Tinyproxy – Advanced Proxy Server is an HTTP proxy for networks with a minimum of system resource use. Designed to be fast and yet small, it is an ideal solution for sites where a full-featured HTTP proxy is required.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Configuration and Connection to TinyProxy – Advanced Proxy Server on Ubuntu 18.04
- To connect to a VM, you need the PuTTy application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download
- Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field, and click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console you will need to enter a username and password that were specified the when the VM have been creating.
- In the configuration file, you need to specify the IP addresses, from which proxy will be allowed. To do this, enter the command:
> sudo nano /etc/tinyproxy/tinyproxy.conf
- Find the line in the document Allow 18.104.22.168 and replace in it 22.214.171.124 to your ip address. IP address can be found on the following website https://www.myip.com/
You can navigate through the document using the arrows on the keyboard and paste the copied text using the right mouse button. If you need to add multiple addresses, add another line in the same place of the following form: Allow *ip*.
- To exit the document, press Ctrl + X on the keyboard. Then “Y” to confirm the save. And “Enter” to save to the same file.
- Restart the proxy server service for the changes to take effect. To do this, enter the command:
> sudo systemctl restart tinyproxy
- To use the proxy server through the built-in Windows tools, you must open the settings.
9. In Settings select Network & Internet
10. Go to the “Proxy” section and set the “Use a proxy server” switch to On
11. In the “Address” field, enter the address of the VM, and in the Port field, specify 8888. Then click the “Save” button.
- To check the connection to the proxy server, open the https://www.myip.com/ website in any browser and check if your IP address has changed.