TinyProxy 1.8.4 Easy Proxy Server for Ubuntu 20.04 is a light-weight HTTP/HTTPS proxy daemon for Ubuntu operating systems. Designed to be fast and yet small, it is an ideal solution for use cases such as embedded deployments where a full featured HTTP proxy is required.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The connection to TinyProxy 1.8.4 Easy Proxy Server for Ubuntu 20.04 using
- Launch instance through your Amazon account. When starting the VM proxy server starts automatically.
- To use the proxy server through the built-in Windows tools, you must open the settings.
- In Settings select Network & Internet.
- Go to the “Proxy” section and set the “Use a proxy server” switch to On
- In the Address field, enter the address of the VM, and in the Port field, specify 8888. Then click the Save button.
- To check the connection to the proxy server, open the https://www.myip.com/ website in any browser and check if your IP address has changed.
Attention: There may be a problem that with enabled proxy, you will lose your Internet connection. To fix this problem, you should restart the proxy service manually.
- To restart the proxy you should connect to the server via ssh. For example, you can connect to a VM via PuTTY – Download.
To connect to the VM, you should generate a “Private Key” in advance. This can be done using the following instruction (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in point 3)
- Go to the SSH section in the left panel and then to Auth.
- In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Open”.
- In the opened console you will need to enter the login ubuntu
- Next, you should enter the following commands:
> sudo service tinyproxy stop
> sudo service tinyproxy start
To check the server status, enter the command:
> sudo service tinyproxy status