Team Fortress 2 is a multiplayer first-person shooter video game. It received critical acclaim for its art direction, gameplay, humor, and use of the character in a multiplayer-only game.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
How to create and connect to Team Fortress 2 for Windows 2016
- Before starting the server, open the “start TF2 server.bat” file with a text editor. To do this, click on it with the right mouse button and select “Edit”.
- Set the parameters in a way convenient for you:
-console – required to start the server only in console mode. Helps to reduce VM’s load.
-game tf – required to start the server with Team Fortress 2 game.
-port 27015 – standard port for starting the server. The port is already opened in the Windows firewall. Recommended to leave unchanged.
+map ctf_2fort– determine first map on the server
+maxplayers 24 – indicates the maximum number of players on the server.
- After setting up the “start TF2 server.bat” file, run it.
- To connect to the server, start the “Team Fortress 2” game on your PC, open the console with the “~” key on your keyboard, write connect %vm_adress% and press “Enter” to connect. For example: connect 127.0.0.1
If you were unable to connect to the the server, you should update the server. To do this, connect to the VM through RDP and do the following:
- Shutdown the server (type exit in server console)
- Go to the “C:\steamcmd” folder and open the “steamcmd” file
- Enter the following commands in the sequence:
> login anonymous
> force_install_dir “C:\tf2server”
> app_update 232250 validate
- Wait until the server is updated, and run “start TF2 server.bat” file from the desktop again.