Streama is a Libre (Open-source) media service that provides a powerful alternative solution for commercial expensive media servers.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The guide on how to work with Streama 1.9.1 – Media Streaming on LINUX Centos 7.9
- After purchasing and start of the VM you should know its IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line of “Public IP Address”).
- To work you should open the following ports:
- To connect to the VM you can use the SSH and PuTTY apps.
- When the app was started, you should enter the login and password.
- Next, you need to upload your files that you want to stream.
- The initial configuration for the VM has been made already, so after turning it on you can go to the admin panel.
- To access the admin panel, you need to enter in the address bar http://yourVM’sIP:8080.
- To enter an already created account, you can use the following data:
Login – admin
Password – admin
- After logging in you need to select your account.
- Now you need to make presets.
- Mandatory items for configuration is a directory with files, other items can be changed as you wish.
- It is also necessary to enter the IP of your VM instead of “localhost”.
- Now you should go to the “Manage Content” tab.
- Choose what you want to stream for example movies and click create.
- After fill in the necessary information.
- Now you should select the file you want to stream.
- Now you can invite your friends.