In Starbound, you create your own story – there’s no wrong way to play! You may choose to save the universe from the forces that destroyed your home, uncovering greater galactic mysteries in the process.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
How to create and connect to Starbound Game Server
- To start the server, you must connect to the VM via RDP and open the start starbound_server file on the desktop.
- Run the “Starbound” game and select “Join Game”.
- Select your character, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Join server”.
If you were unable to connect to the server, you should update the server. To do this, connect to the VM through RDP and do the following:
- Close the server – open the console with the server, and press Ctrl + C on the keyboard.
- Go to the “C:\steamcmd” folder and open the “steamcmd” file.
- Enter the following commands in sequence:
> login <Steam username> (the game must be purchased on your Steam account)
> <Password to Steam Account>
> force_install_dir “C:\starbound”
> app_update 211820 validate
- Wait until the server is updated, and run “start starbound_server” file from the desktop again.