A Squid Proxy Server is a feature-rich web server application that provides both reverse proxy services and caching options for web-resources. This provides noticeable web-resources speed-up and allows for reducing network load times when being utilized.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The guide how to work with the Squid Proxy Server on Windows Server 2019
To connect via RDP, you must create a password for the connection first. To do this, use the following Guide.
- Once the VM has been started, you will see adduser script on the desktop; right click it and select Run With Powershell
Type in Y in the console and press ‘Enter’
- Now enter the login and password to create a new proxy user
- Once the user has been created, connect to the proxy
- To work, open the following ports:
- To use the proxy server through the built-in Windows tools, open the settings.
From ‘Settings’ select Network & Internet
- Go to the “Proxy” section and set the “Use a proxy server” switch to ‘On’
- In the Address field, enter the address of the VM, and in the Port field, specify 3128. Then click the Save button
- To check the connection to the proxy server, open the https://www.myip.com/ website in any browser and check if your IP address has changed
- In the pop-up window, enter the login and password of the user you have created