Squid Protected Proxy With Webmin CentOS 8.2 provided by Tidal Media Inc. will help you to secure your network in a much easier way than you thought.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Сonnection to Squid Protected Proxy With Webmin CentOS 8.2
- To access the proxy server, you must specify a list of IP addresses in the Azure firewall. To do this, go to “Networking”.
- In the “Inbound port rules” section, click on port 3128 and 10000 to open its settings (if it’s not there you need to create it).
- Change the value of the “Source” field from “Any” to “IP addresses” and specify the IP addresses in the “Source IP Addresses” specify the IP addresses that will be granted access to the proxy server. For example, you can specify your IP address, you can find it on the site https://www.myip.com/
Proxy server configuration through the GUI Webmin
4. To access Webmin, go to https: // * vm_ip *: 10000
5. You need to enter your username and password – webminadmin / admin
6. To go to squid settings, click on “Servers” and select “Squid Proxy Server”
7.You can find more information about proxy server settings at the following links:
8.To use the proxy server through the built-in Windows tools, you must open the settings.
- In Settings select Network & Internet.
- Go to the “Proxy” section and set the “Use a proxy server” switch to On.
- In the “Address” field, enter the address of the VM, and in the Port field, specify 3128. Then click the Save button.
- To check the connection to the proxy server, open the https://www.myip.com/ website in any browser and check if your IP address has changed.