Squid Protected Proxy Server + Webmin on Ubuntu 20 allows users to get the high level of privacy and security. It can be used to route requests between the users and proxy server, setting the restrictions for IP addresses.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The connection to Squid Protected Proxy Server + Webmin using Windows settings
- To access the proxy server, you must specify a list of IP addresses in the Azure firewall. To do this, go to the “Networking”.
- In the “Inbound port rules” section, click on port 3128 to open its settings (if it’s not there you need to create it)
- Change the value of the “Source” field from “Any” to “IP addresses” and specify the IP addresses in the “Source IP Addresses” that will be granted access to the proxy server. For example, you can specify your IP address, you can find it on the site https://www.myip.com/
- Launch VM through your Azure account. When starting the VM proxy server starts automatically.
- To use the proxy server through the built-in Windows tools, you must open the settings.
- In Settings select Network & Internet.
- Go to the “Proxy” section and set the “Use a proxy server” switch to On
- In the Address field, enter the address of the VM, and in the Port field, specify 3128. Then click the Save button.
- To check the connection to the proxy server, open the https://www.myip.com/ website in any browser and check if your IP address has changed.
Proxy server configuration through the GUI Webmin
- To access the Webmin GUI, go to https://*vm_ip*:10000
- When you go to the address, you will need to accept a self-signed certificate, for this, click the <Advanced> button and then <Proceed to*vm_ip*>
- The authorization page will open. login webminadmin password admin
- In order to change the password, connect to the VM using Putty
- Download and run Putty, then in the “Host Name” field, enter the address of the VM. Then click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console you will need to enter the login and password specified while you created VM.
- Write the sudo su command and then /sur/share/webmin/changepass.pl / etc / webmin webminadmin NEWPASSWORD where instead of “NEWPASSWORD” write your new password
- To go to squid settings, click on “Servers” and select “Squid Proxy Server”.